The Daily Dose by The Queen Mum

Monday, August 14, 2006

Manic Models

Can you believe that I spent my entire Sunday with models? Eesh. Not my idea of a good time. I was their accessories stylist. Luckily for me, a lot of the girls were quite sweet. One totally cute and sweet young girl was actually self-consconscious, and rightly so since her agent told her that her thighs were huge. ACK! Poor thing. It's hard to imagine what these girls put themselves through to try to be a model.

This brings us to another addition to my list of 'why I'm so glad that I have boys'. Of course boys are sometimes self-conscious and (hopefully) care about their appearance...but I do hope they never rely on it so much that it defines who they are. As a girl it seemed that appearance was all that mattered. Not intelligence, personality. Just looks. Is this the fault of the boys? Hmmm...that's one to think on. I suppose the best thing we can do for the girls of this world is to teach our boys to look beyond the looks. Peer inside and get to know who is actually in there.

Ok...on a less serious, but funny note....I was such a devil yesterday. Can you believe that, during this 7 hour session, I had the nerve to get hungry? I went to the grocery store nearby and got a huge sandwich, non-diet soda, and a big box of chocolate chip cookies. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home