The Daily Dose by The Queen Mum

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wiggle Jiggles

This was news to me, though I'm sure some of you seasoned moms will simply chuckle at my revelation...

Young boys, about the age of 7-8, suddenly and uncontrollably, cannot hold still! While reading a book, he twirls his hair (which we finally cut really short last weekend). While talking his eyes dart about as if he were a criminal under brute force and major investigation (usually that's half true). While eating, writing, or doing anything that requires sitting in a chair, his feet swing like dualing pendulums.

It is enough to cause me to ask for a large dose of anxiety medication. Not for the kid, for me!

I get it now. I read the papers that come home from school (ok, not all, just a few each month). I've learned that seven/eight can't hold still. Fine. I get that. Unfortunately though, it drives the %*&#@ out of me!

So, seasoned moms...when the chuckling subsides, please tell me that this ends. It does end, right?

~Queenmum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home