The Daily Dose by The Queen Mum

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

You turkey..

My son had to draw a Thanksgiving scene of his family. He drew all five of us, one bearing a large gun pointed at a turkey. I'm not sure what alarmed me more, than he could draw a gun, or that his innocence has been shed- for he knows the truth that a meal on the table doesn't simply come from the grocery store. I don't think I have a point to that story...his picture is just stuck in my head for some reason.

We're staying put this week. I honestly told my family that I didn't feel like having guests, cleaning my house, etc. They are used to me. They took the news in stride. Amazing was how many of my friends were astonished at my frankness. Does everyone else endure guests simply out of obligation, whether you are pleased to have them around or not? Why is that? What happened to "just say no!" ?? If you didn't want me at your house, I'd certainly want you to say so. I guess I'm thankful that I can be honest with my friends and family. They know it's not them specifically that I don't want...but that I just can't do the chaos right now. Luckily, they are cool with that. Unless, of course, they are the one's not being honest.

Hmm?? I wonder.
Have a great turkey day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home