The Daily Dose by The Queen Mum

Thursday, July 20, 2006

In or Out

No, I'm not trying to fill Heidi's shoes on the "Runway"..it's these kids.
"I want to play outside."
"I'm bored, there's no one to play with, I want inside."
"It's boring in here, can we go out and swim?"
20 minutes later, after searching for swim trunks and applying copious amounts of sunscreen and getting water bottles ready, we're outside.
4.75 minutes later: "It's too hot, I want to go in." "Yeah," pipes another, "I'm hungry too."
ACK!!!
"Either your IN or your OUT!" I shout. (Look out Heidi)
The door is opened so often that the flies have posted "For Rent" signs on the door to attract more winged friends.
The entry floor looks like we just mowed it due to all the grass pieces covering it.
And something smells like a mix of water, pee and dog. We don't own a dog.?? I don't think I want to know where the pee smell is coming from. I have a new bottle of Febreze that will cover up that smell just fine. Citrus and Light scent, by the way. I love it!
So anyway...where was I? The phone rang and now I'm lost. Oh yes...I was complaining. Lovely. I'm sure you've enjoyed reading that.
So the boys want to go outside AGAIN. After complaining about the heat, they now want to play outside at 4:00 P.M. Hottest, stickiest time of day here in the land of Oz. I'm going to go sit my booty in the baby blow-up pool now. Enjoy your day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home